Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Your money no good here!

In my younger days, i use to buy sweets from A'Beng shop.
Being the only chinese family in my kampung, the shop... is the whole kampung blood line.
As I remembered correctly, at one time during CNY, when A'Beng shop closed for 3 days, it become a total disaster to the whole kampung. We have to travel to the next 'pekan' or town 22 kilometers away for a supply.

To cut the story short, what i remembered most about A'Beng shop ...well .. we always get the free sweets. You know why? Well ... I dont really have the answer to that. But sure did, everytime we wanted to pay for the sweets, A'Beng would said "Your money no good here lo.." and not to mention his sweetest smile that I would never forget.

Nowadays, you won't get free things no more? You have to pay even to pee ? You want to give charity also you have to pay! I wonder, if I could or my chidren perhaps, having a chance to meet the A'Beng in our community, before I could close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment